Spicy and aromatic, ginger has an undeniable flavor that can be enjoyed both sweet and savory. Ginger is available throughout the world but is indigenous to Southern China, West Africa, Caribbean and Asia. India is currently the largest producer of the root.
The uses of ginger or its benefits to the human system cannot be underrated. While this root packs a punch in the flavor department, the health benefits of ginger are plentiful.
1. Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas—oops—guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
7. Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup.
We hope this post will encourage you to take more ginger.
Visit our shop to make your order today.