Learn how to prepare cabbage and gizzard Stew to eat with either rice, yam, banku or any food of choice.
Find below the steps on how to prepare cabbage and gizzard stew.
Chicken gizzard, dressed and steamed
3 sliced fresh tomatoes
1 tin tomato
2 medium onions
1 maggie cube
1. Pour 2 table spoon of vegetable oil into the pan
2. Fry for a couple of minutes
3. Add the steamed gizzard without the sauce and stir for about a minute
4. Add the sliced tomatoes, and stir occasionally
5. Cut up the second onion into the blender, the tomato plumbs, pepper and blend.
6. Stir the gizzard, add the spring onions and magie or any season of choice.
7. Add the blended vegetables and stir well, reduce the heat and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
8. Add the ground cloves, garlic granules
9. Add the stock of the gizzard if needed.
10. Wash and cut the cabbage into desired sizes
11. Add the chopped cabbage to the sauce and stir
12. Allow to simmer, don’t cover the stew as it will be runny if covered.
Your cabbage and gizzard stew is ready when the cabbage is well cooked and soft. Serve with plain rice, yam, etc.
Visit our shop to get the cabbage and gizzard stew ingredients.